We will start the new season on the 2 September 2020 and our new programme is given below. All Events may be subject to change
Please note that COMPETITION ENTRIES MUST BE IN ONE WEEK BEFORE COMPETITION DATE
02. Welcome Evening
09. Speaker: Dave Mason “Life”
16. Instruction: Mike Gardiner “Photoshop Techniques for Portraiture”
23. League Competition: PDIs Open Subject, Judge: Rob Baron
30. Speaker: Tim Jones (Fotospeed) The Three Foundations of Printing" - Screen & printer profiles, calibration, soft and hard proofing, and more
07. League Competition: PDIs Open Subject, Judge: Kevin Sandall
14. Instruction: Critique Evening with Harry Tabeart
21. In House Tuition: JPG v RAW, Software, Q & A. Send images to critique
28. Speaker: Roy Lambeth “Nothing Changes”
04. League Competition: PDIs Open Subject, Judge: Trevor Prince
11. In House: Small Group discussions of photos, how-to, kit etc
18. Speaker: Astrid McGechan "Feel The Land"
25. League Competition: PDIs Set Subject - Shadows, Judge: Amanda Miller
02. In House: Programme Team discuss their own images. Q & A
09. Speaker: Experiences of a Glider Pilot and how to get started
16. Speaker: Lyn Jenkins "Composition"
23. Christmas Break NO CLUB MEETING
30. Christmas Break NO CLUB MEETING
06. In House: Fish and Chips. Quizzes and AV Competition
13. League Competition Prints Open Subject, Judge Amanda Miller
20. Speaker: Tony Worobiec "The Waters Edge”
27. SAPA Battle: Home against Blandford, Judge: Leo Rich
01. SAPA Battle: Away against Kinson
03. League Competition: PDIs Set Subject - Shadows, Judge: Jim Pascoe (This has had to changed from Prints)
10. Speaker: Emily Endean "Shooting Local"
17. Colin's RPS Panel and AV Presentation
24. Speaker: Guy Edwardes “Seeing the Light - 25 Years of Landscape and Nature Photography Techniques”
03. Speaker: Jim Pascoe "Winchester College - The School and it's People"
10. In House: Haydn explains why he takes photos with examples and process details
17. Speaker: Caro Dell - "Lights, Camera, Where's the Dog!"
24. League Competition: PDIs Open Subject, Judge: John Tilsley
30. SAPA League Final
31. Speaker: Nigel Hargeaves "A European Grand Tour"
07. League Competition: PDI Open Subject, Judge Roy Lambeth
14. Outing: Out to take images and return for discussion
21. SAPA Best of Year
28. Speaker: Paul Mitchell - "The Seeing Eye"
05. Final Competition: Best of Year PDIs, Judge: Paul Thackeray
12. Speaker: Alan Walker "Getting the Best Photographically from your Travels"
19. Instruction: John Tilsley with further critique of selected images from 24th March and some of John’s own work
26. AGM and presentation of awards plus a run through of the April Fun Competion Entries
02. Quiz and General Chat
09 Street Photography led by Carl Jacolette - Lansdowne Bournemouth - Meet at KFC Lansdowne 7.00pm
23 Landscape Photography led by Carl Jacolette - Studland Village - Meet at Bankes Arms 7.00pm. Park in N.T. Car Park
07 Wander and Catch Up led by Suzanne McGowan - Meet at Argyle Bowls Club on West Overcliff Drive 6.30pm. Free Parking
21 Shoreline/Walk Photography led by Colin Foster - Meet outside the Co-op, Blandford Road Hamworthy BH15 4BH at 7.00pm
03 Wander and Catcth Up led by Suzanne McGowan - Poole Dream Machines, Poole Quay - Meet at Baden Powell Statue 6.30pm
20 Dusk to Dawn Photography led by Carl Jacolette - Meet at Car Park Worth Matravers 8.00pm - Bring money for Car Park & Pub
We will have a Social in the pub then go on to St. Aldhelms Head. Bring warm clothes, tripods and a wide fast lens. Dawn is around 6.00am and you will need to register with Carl if you are planning to attend this one.