Three way split competition
This competition is to encourage members to photograph different types of subject from their usual preference.
This Seasons competition theme is PRINTS with the set subject theme of "SONG TITLES".
the entries are made up of three distinct images (PRINTS or PDI as appropriate).
The images (PRINTS or PDI as appropriate) are to be displayed together as a 'panel'
The three images can be separate Images which have a connection, or in the form of a "Triptych"
Here is one definition of a 'Triptych':
The three panels of a triptych can vary; sometimes they may flow together to form a single unified scene, or they may each function as a separate image; but usually there will be a strong sense of visual coherence.
Ways to achieve this include a continuous horizon line or background, a unified palette, consistent handling of the subject matter, or a progression or continuity of theme or subject.
The word triptych has its origins in the Greek 'triptykhos' meaning three-layered.
- Each entry shall consist of three images (PRINT or DPI as stipulated by the Competition Secretary) on any subject that have a similar theme.
The nature of the theme is up to the photographer, and could be based on subject, content, colour, mood or anything else considered appropriate.
The important thing is that the images must have an obvious connection with each other.
- All PRINTS entered shall conform to the size requirements set down for league competition entries.
Each print should be mounted individually on a mount not exceeding 20" x 16".
- ALL PDI entries shall comply with the rules requirements for PDI Competition League Entries.
- In each entry - the images/prints may be all colour or all monochrome, or a combination of both.
- None of the images/prints should have been previously entered in any other competition.
They can, however, be used in future club competitions.
- The images/prints will be viewed and marked together, as a set.
*Each of the three images/prints should be identified
*with the entrants name - plus an optional title for the theme being displayed
*and for PRINTS add the words 'left', 'centre' and 'right' - being the relative position of each print)
as viewed from the front by the judge and the audience.
See below for further details.
Instructions on how to submit your entries will follow.
for PDI entries this will be done either by email directly to the pdi.compsec
or by using the PhotoComp 'Web Entry System'
Please name your PDI image files appropriately e.g:
1_JOE BLOGGS#Theme Name 1.jpg
2_JOE BLOGGS#Theme Name 2.jpg
3_JOE BLOGGS#Theme Name 3.jpg